Friday, November 18, 2011

teaching 6th grade!!

Finally we taught in front of some real live kids! thank goodness we were prepared and there were four of us to help each other out. These kids were a little talkative and just antsy, which I think might be more like teaching 7th graders, but lucky no one was sassy or anything. What we did was we taught them the elements of design and had a competition with who could make the best cereal box design. They totally loved showing their projects and I could see that method, of hands on work or end products that they can display, as being a great teaching tool. All in all it was a great experience and I feel like it was awesome because we prepared so throughly for this lesson.

Also this week at seminar we had some student teachers come in and talk to us about their experiences and how they are handling different situations. It was really helpful to hear from their opinion. For a little while I have been thinking I should get a job that is related to the type of teaching I want to do and since one of the student teachers mentioned that would be a good idea I'm going to make it a priority for the next semester. Also I am going to organize my notes really well for the classes that I have take so far and keep them on file to refer back to later. I think student teaching is super difficult but really rewarding and I really look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment