Saturday, October 29, 2011

2nd High School Visit

So far this was my favorite class to shadow. We shadowed a juniors and seniors photography class and even though they were working on individual projects and there wasn't much lecturing going on I loved to see the creativity of the kids and just the various projects they had going. Photography and media arts is what I am most interested in for this major, even though I am just barrly starting to acquire experience for this field of work I feel like I am learning more every day and this class made me even more enthusiastic about up coming projects and even just about gaining new knowledge on my own.
while we were there it was also club day, in which every student in the school went to at least on club activity. We were right in the middle of the photography club and everyone went outside to take pictures of a classic cheve truck. Just the flexibility of the subject makes it such a fun subject to teach. Think of all the different subjects for photography and in each subject everyone has their own interpretation. One tool that the teacher used that I liked was he took over every students screen when he was lecturing and every computer was showing his screen so you know that the kids weren't on the internet just messing around as the teacher spoke to himself. With this tool every kid was paying attention and could see more clearly what the teacher was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment