Saturday, October 8, 2011

High school!

When I was a teenager I knew I loved high school more than junior high and I guess some things never change. Not that I didn't enjoy my observations of Junior High but this week, when I went to Salem High School I had so much fun.
We observed a broadcasting class and it was a blast! The kids were getting ready for the morning announcements that they have turned into a type of news show. I was really impressed with how much responsibility the students had and how much initiative they took. Not to say that the techer didn't have enough to do but the kids were really enthusistic about the show and were constantly suggesting new ideas for improvement. This is where the teachers' job came into place. He created an environment where his students could come up with new ideas and incorporate their own individual style with some respectable limits. Also he spoke nothing but positive things about his students and i realize that keeping your students self-esteem up might be half the battle of getting them to be enthusistic about their education. Also one thing that I noticed about high school is the students are there for 4 years, not just two, and they gain a better relationship with their teachers during that period of time. Which I feel like mad the teachers a huge influence in the students' lives, if the teacher put forth the effort. I could definitely see myself being in this type of teaching position and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment